Chair: Professor Lorna Marson
SRS Membership Benefits
Surgical Research Society (SRS) has fostered and enhanced research in various disciplines of surgery under its auspices for more than 50 years. The society has links with other important surgical research forums in USA, Europe and South Africa. It provides a platform to aspiring surgical trainees to present their laboratory as well as clinical research. Even in an era of specialisation, SARS has maintained its independent status but at the same time maintained vital links with other surgical associations & societies such as ASGBI, VSGBI, ACPGBI and AUGIS.
The President and the council of the SRS invite you to join this prestigious and the oldest surgical research forum. The earlier in your career you join the more the benefits. Specifically the society offers the following:
- A forum to present laboratory and clinical research
- An opportunity to link and meet with other research groups in the Great Britain & Ireland and abroad
- A forum for the new trainee research network
- A platform to discuss pertinent medico-political issues and viewpoints such as MMC, PMETB, Revalidation, Government reviews (Darzi review)
- Surgical networking
- Notification of meetings
- Reduced membership to BST’s and HST’s at any level
- Reduced BJS subscription rates of £45.00 annually to BST’s & HST’s at any level for 1 year
- An opportunity to participate in the activities of the society such as organization of meetings and membership of the council in the future
Chair: Miss Rachel Hargest
Based on experience at the previous meetings the Committee work together to develop outstanding programmes for futures meetings. We hope to continue innovation in future meetings with a view to increasing both their quality and popularity as a venue for all that is best in academic surgery in the UK.