We are pleased to announce that the 2019 meeting will be a joint one day meeting with the Royal Society of Medicine and will be held at the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) in London on Tuesday 8th January 2019.
9.00-10.00 – Welcome & Opening Symposium
“Bioinformatics and the development of precision surgery”
– Multimodality optical endoscopy for surgical imaging, Professor Daniel Elson
– The gut microbiome and personalised healthcare in surgery, Mr James Kinross
– iKnife and Breast Surgery, Mr Daniel Leff
10.00-11.00 – Parallel Oral Presentations
– 1A: Burnand and Williams Prize Session, (8 papers, 5+2 min)
– 1B: Breast Surgery/Miscellaneous, (7 papers, 5+2 min)
– 1C: HPB Surgery (7 papers, 5+2 min)
11.00-11.15 – Coffee
11.15-11.35 – BJS Lecture: Professor Ronan O’Connell
Emeritus Professor of Surgery at University College Dublin School of Medicine, Dublin, Ireland and Consultant Surgeon at St – Vincent’s University Hospital Dublin and Vice-President, RCSI
“Let your Poem be Patient Orientated Research that Matters”
We gratefully acknowledge the support of The BJS for this lecture
11.35-12.35 – Parallel Oral Presentations
– 2A: RSM Future Projects Prize Session, (8 papers, 5+2 min)
– 2B: Transplantation/ENT surgery, (7 papers, 5+2 min)
– 2C: GI surgery, (7 papers, 5+2 min)
12.35-13.25 – Lunch
13.25-14.35 – Patey Prize Session, (7 papers, 7+3 min)
14.35-14.55 – John Farndon Lecture: Professor Jane Blazeby
Professor of Surgery, University of Bristol
“Randomised controlled trials in surgery: making them possible and patient centred”
14.55-15.10 – Coffee
15.10-16.10 – Parallel Oral Presentations
3A Medical Student Prize Session, (8 papers, 5+2 min)
3B Colorectal Surgery, (7 papers, 5+2 min)
3C Vascular Surgery, (7 papers, 5+2 min)
16.10-16.30 – Arris and Gale Lecture: Ms Anita Mohan
“Bridging the Gap between Microvascular Anatomy and Flap Physiology in Autologous Breast Reconstruction”
16.30-17.15 – Symposium 2 (to be confirmed)
17.15-17.35 – AGM
17.35 – Posters and prizes with drinks reception
18.30 – Finish
Speaker guidelines soon to be published
Registration for the meeting is through the RSM – link coming soon.
- All UNDERGRADUATE students, including MBPhD students, can register for the conference as medical students.
- All GRADUATE students (MSc, PhD, MD, MS), whether their first degree is a BSc, MBBS or equivalent, can register under the trainee category.
If you have any queries please email us.